Friday, March 14, 2014

So...I'm thinking

I really don't quite have a pinpoint on what this post will encompass. Actually, I haven't a clue. I just felt like sharing today. With Hunter and Stacey's wedding looming - it is tomorrow we have been busy doing some prep at home. Zach has been working on their wedding gift for what feels like weeks and I have been tyring my darnedest to keep the house somewhat clean for the in law visit. Lucas and I have both been battling not feeling 100% this week-so I am really hoping my stomach will hush up for the busy weekend ahead. Doubtfully.
I have been following home renovation blogs like a fiend, which has lit a small candle under my butt, if you will. I was able to sand, paint and change out the hardware on all my top kitchen cabinets this past weekend, and now I am dying to get the bottom ones done! What a difference! I had a little help from Robyn, Addie and Zach (all he did was hang them back up for me-I only steal his credit bc I very rarely do a project without his help and I feel like I did on this one). On my sick day this week I also cleaned out the linen closet (it needs a major makeover, but tidiness was first on the list), organized under the bathroom sink (we still had moving boxes under there-driving both Zach and I a little nuts), and cleaned my master closet shelves off with one trash bag donation bag to goodwill. I'm sure I could have accumulated about six bags, but it was a skim clean not a deep clean. I am really ready (ready for Zach) to get the stairs painted and put up a railing and do something about the kitchen floors-asap! Right now we don't have a washing machine and we are expecting a new free stainless gas oven and fridge in the upcoming weeks, so I have a feeling I will have to wait a bit longer...as those things will come first. As much as I enjoy my mom being my laundromat, I have a sneaking suspicion she is over it!
Aside from weekend madness and house renovations, not too much is new. Spring is just around the corner and I cannot wait to see some greenery in the yard again. Barren trees and mud (as oppose to leaf covered dirt) is getting pretty old. Hopefully the sun room will get a phase 1 makeover (cannot quite fit in the time or budget for a phase 2 update just yet) very soon. Here I am talking about home renovations again, I am telling you all the blogging and pinning has started to corrupt my brain.
I promise to post some pics of the house soon. I was looking at some before pics yesterday and it is amazing how much we (again, Zach) have really accomplished!


Have a great weekend, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment